Do you have a homeschool mom on your gift list? Here are some self-care gifts that will make the homeschool mom in your life swoon.
Homeschool moms are a giving bunch. We give and give until February comes around and we hit rock bottom. Burn out is real and can be a difficult hole to escape.
Wouldn’t it be better to encourage self-care for the homeschool mom
This guide reflects my personality and what I would enjoy for those simple moments of self-care. My choices reflect my introverted personality and my need for downtime to recharge.
An extrovert will still find these things lovely but might want to throw a self-care party with other moms to reap the full benefit.
As for me, you’ll find me sitting quietly in a corner of the couch preparing for another day of appointments and slime making.
This post contains affiliate links, you can find my disclosure policy here.
Pampering Self Care Gift for the Homeschool Mom
When we think of self-care gifts, we immediately think of something pampering. Of course, there are other methods of self-care, but I think the idea of having a little something special to enjoy at any time is restorative.
Moment of truth, I’m a journaling failure. The blank page and my rebel tendency lead to me starting a journal but never sticking with the habit.
I like this one because it isn’t simply blank pages, there are quotes for inspiration and questions to spark your writing. I think we can all find five minutes to be more mindful and present.
- Burkes, Paige (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Essential Oils and Diffuser
Well, this is an item I would like to receive because my girls have absconded with the diffusers I already own. They love to keep them in their rooms.
This just adds to a peaceful, calm atmosphere that most homeschool moms want to encourage.
- ESSENTIAL OILS: Add 100% Pure therapuetic grade Essential Oils to create an aromatherapy spa in your own home. Use any of the Top 8 pure ois from Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Eucalyptus or more. Whether you want to Relax, Focus, Purify, Energize or Sleep, we have the perfect solution for you.
- HEALTHIER FOR FAMILIES: Unlike candles and incense there is no smoke that can irritate sinuses. Using a cool mist diffuser is safer for kids rooms than open flames or hot diffusers. Every ArtNaturals essential oil diffuser uses ultrasonic cool mist technology for maximum vapor dispersal, even in large rooms.
Handmade Aromatherapy Bracelet
Hopefully, you can keep the bracelet all to yourself. Not only is it beautiful, but you can have that calming essential oil with you all day.
- All the colors in nature are captured in our earthy Terra Wrap Bracelet - wear it as a triple wrap bracelet or a necklace - Comes lovingly packaged in a reusable linen pouch with a beautiful instruction card - Perfect for gift giving!
- Balance, Clarity & Wisdom are the properties of this organic medley of gemstones. You might find jasper, rose quartz, aventurine, jade, moss agate, chakra stones and more. Stones vary with each piece so they are truly one of a kind.
Bottom Dispensing Tea Pot
I love these types of teapots. You brew your loose tea right in the carafe and then place it on the rim of a teacup or mug and your beautiful tea falls in the cup.
It’s so satisfying.
- Great for the office or when traveling, this innovative teapot releases infused tea directly into a drinking cup
- When tea is ready, simply place over cup and tea will drain from bottom
Vadham Assorted Tea Gift Set
Once you have a bottom dispensing teapot, you’ll want some tasty tea to brew. Any tea-loving homeschool mom would love a collection of loose leaf tea.
- UNIQUE TEA GIFTS - Give a gift of wellness and good health to your loved ones. Delicious teas in regal and luxurious packaging that make the perfect gift for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions!
- FORBES Best Luxury Gift Guide - An Exclusive Gift with 6 Gold Tin Caddies filled with Award Winning Teas & Presented in a Luxury Gift Box. This Tea Set is Perfect Tea Gifts for Women
Pure Grace Shower/Bath Gel by Philosophy
My go-to self-care is to relax in the bath. I’ve long been a bath lover and love to have a beautiful scent to add. But even if you don’t love a bath, this can be used as a shower gel. The best of both worlds.
- Skin feels luxuriously soft and hydrated
- Infused with a clean scent of soap & water
L’Occitane Verbena Hand Cream Gel
I love anything by L’Occitane, but especially love a hand cream when the weather turns colder.
- prevent chapping, cracking and chafing skin.
- Makes your skin younger
Mind and Body Jar Candle
Something about having candles lit makes me take a deep breath and calm down.
Candles can transform a chaotic homeschool day into a quiet time of reading or drawing. It’s just one of those little touches that creates the warm atmosphere we want our homes to have.
- Approximate burn time of 50 hours
- The soft colored frosted jar candles allow the light of the flame to shine through when burning
Practical Self-Care Gifts for the Homeschooling Mom
Sometimes self-care can be about finding a solution to a trouble spot so we no longer have to expend mental energy dealing with an annoying issue.
So here are some practical self-care gifts to make the homeschool mom life a little less stressful.
Instant Pot Multi-Cooker
You’re probably wondering how an Instant Pot could possibly be a self-care gift for a homeschool mom, but it is. The beauty of this gift is that it magically gives you time.
When you have a busy day out and know you’ll be getting home late and tired, use it as a slow cooker and put dinner in before you leave. However, even if the morning is tight and you don’t get it cooking, you can always use the pressure cooker feature to save yourself from getting takeout pizza.
But the best reason is for the days when you have the time to get it cooking and then go sit down and have a cup of tea or read a book. It’s wonderful.
- 7-IN-1 APPLIANCES: electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING with 13 Smart Touch customizable programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more on autopilot
You’ve been on hold for 15 minutes waiting to make an appointment, now someone is knocking on the door and the baby is crying. What to do?
How many times have I given up my place in the queue to deal with some issue requiring my attention? Too many!
So if you need to make a call to the insurance company you know will take too long, Bluetooth earbuds would be a lifesaver. Just keep changing the laundry and helping with a math problem, you have it right there in your ear when they finally answer your call.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
Portable Power Charger for Your Phone
You’ve been on a field trip all day and your phone battery is rapidly declining. There are still pictures to take and information to look up, so do you just stop to conserve power? With a portable charger, you can keep on going.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Remarkably Compact: One of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers. Provides almost three-and-a-half iPhone 8 charges or two-and-a-half Galaxy S8 charges.
Yes, this is an expensive gift, but it is a great homeschool tool that will save you time and money. A laser printer prints so much faster than an inkjet and I’m not as afraid to print in color now.
Another benefit is that if you splash a little water on a page, it isn’t ruined. I longed for a laser printer after years of an inkjet and I haven’t been disappointed.
- Built to keep your business moving forward – Print, scan, copy and fax consistently high-quality documents with the HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction M428fdw, A wireless printer designed to let you focus on growing your business
- Best-in-class security – a suite of embedded security features, like instant threat notifications and optional Pin/pull printing, help protect your laser printer from being an entry point for attacks and help ensure the safety of your sensitive data
You’re bending over to tie a shoe and suddenly your purse is hitting you in the head while the entire contents spill onto the floor. I’ve been there.
Once you’re out of the, “I gotta carry a backpack for all this baby gear,” phase, a crossbody bag can be a wonderful way to carry the necessities while having both hands free.
- High Quality Material - Made from 100% 12 oz. cotton canvas. Dimensions: 11 inches high x 9 inches wide.
- Keep Yourself Together - KAVU’s Keepalong is a lightweight semi padded cross body bag with adjustable rope shoulder strap. It’s a great way to stay organized on your way to class or pack gear for a hike.
Hands-Free Keychain Bracelet
Anything that will give me free hands to grab a toddler that has darted for the parking lot! An ingenious idea to keep your keys handy and not lost in the bottom of your bag.
- Material:all beads are polymer clay beads, one apple stainless steel key ring, one alloy bee charm, they are handmade, there may be slight variations from the pictures posted.
- Size:3 pcs 16mm flower polymer clay beads,10mm small polymer clay beads. All the beads are all hand strung on a very strong elastic cording that stretches to fit most people's wrist.This is elastic and slides easily over your hand.
An Echo will allow you to play all those Audible books you’ve been buying while everyone enjoys breakfast. You can also ask Alexa to add items to your Amazon shopping list.
My girls have Echo Dots that they use for alarms, music, and timers. So many ways to use this as a help in your homeschool.
- Meet the Echo Plus - Same great sound as our Echo (3rd Gen) with a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices.
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Or pair with a second Echo Plus (2nd Gen) or Echo (3rd Gen) for stereo sound and add more bass with an Echo Sub.
Bluetooth Portable Speaker
I also enjoy having a Bluetooth portable speaker. We use it when we want to all listen to Around the World Stories while I’m cooking or changing the laundry.
Our’s stays mostly in our kitchen and I can also use it to listen to my own audiobook or podcast. You can also take it outside on a beautiful day and take your music study with you.
- KILLER AUDIO: With crystal highs, crisp mids and rich bass, XSound Go creates an immersive listening experience unlike any other. State of the art bass radiators and dual 8W power drivers deliver shocking sound without distortion even at maximum volume.
- EXTREME WATERPROOFING: Pool parties? Definitely. Lounging on the beach? Absolutely. Singing in the shower? You bet! This waterproof speaker is perfect for all sorts of summer fun.
Take a Moment for Self-Care
It’s easy for homeschool moms to get caught up in all the things we need to do. Make the appointments, drive to activities, and pay the library fines, the list is never-ending.
It doesn’t mean that we should never take a moment to light the candle, enjoy a cup of tea, or play an audiobook so we can rest for a bit.
The homeschool journey can be tiring, it’s important for moms to take time to rejuvenate.
Check Out My Other Gift Guides